Zucchini carrot fritters – quick and crispy
easy vegan zucchini carrot fritters – fast, crispy, gluten-free
These crispy vegetable pancakes are also perfect for the low-carb friend. By using zucchini instead of potatoes, they are low in carbohydrates.
Even though our fritters are made with zucchini and carrots, you can add almost any vegetable you need to consume. Do you have any radishes left? Bring it on. What about the last bit of that sad pile of kale? Bring it on. This recipe is versatile and a great way to whip up a meal in a flash.
These vegetable patties are vegan because we use ground flaxseed as an egg substitute and this guarantees that the mass will hold together well. Instead of flour, we use cornstarch made from potatoes or corn, so the boys are also gluten-free.
Plus, these bad guys freeze perfectly. Before freezing, simply slide baking paper or parchment paper between each fritter for easier removal when you need it. They can be a quick on-the-go snack or a convenient lunch during the work week. Would you like to see how they are made?
This recipe uses carrots, zucchini, red onions, and fresh oregano, but don’t limit yourself to just these veggies. The sky is the limit when it comes to fillings for vegan vegetable pancakes. The veggies will soften slightly in the center of the patties while the outside gets nice and crispy. Once you remove them from the pan, quickly sprinkle them with salt while they’re still hot to help the spices stick.
And of course, veggie pancakes aren’t complete without a sauce. Vegan yogurt or cream, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and some chopped spring onions make a delicious combination. A dash of vegan tartar sauce or Asian sweet chili sauce would also fit the bill. But don’t hesitate to take a walk on the sweet side with applesauce similar to latkes.
If you like our Zucchini Carrot Pancakes, you may also be interested in these recipes:
- stuffed quinoa squash
- vegan Rondini pumpkin with lentil bolognese
- Basil squash over coconut quinoa
- vegan beetroot curry
- Chickpea Zucchini Curry
easy vegan zucchini carrot fritters - gluten free
- Grate zucchini on the coarse side of your grater. Salt and place in a colander and allow the liquid to drain for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime you can peel the carrots, grate them roughly and put them in a bowl.
- Squeeze the courgettes well until almost dry, then add to the bowl with the carrots.
- Peel onion and garlic. Pluck the oregano or parsley from the stalks and chop in your food processor (chopper) along with the garlic and onion. You can also chop everything very finely with a knife. Then add to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Add the ground flaxseeds, cornstarch, cumin, paprika powder and pepper to the vegetables in the bowl.
- Mix everything together well and form patties from the mixture with wet hands. (about 2 tablespoons for a veggie patty)
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and fry each patty until golden brown on each side. (takes about 5 minutes per side)