The recipe for wholemeal spaghetti with lamb’s lettuce pesto is quick and easy to prepare and tastes delicious. With this recipe you not only help yourself, but also the environment. Because by using whole grain products, fewer resources are used. In addition, whole grains are very healthy and contain many important nutrients. Just try it!
Pasta made from wholemeal flour is not only healthy, it also tastes very good. It has a particularly nutty taste and is therefore particularly suitable for dishes with a spicy note. In addition, whole wheat pasta is very high in fiber, which is good for digestion. It is long satiating and keeps you full longer than regular pasta.
Wondering what the difference is between whole wheat and wheat pasta?
The answer is simple: whole wheat pasta is better for you! Whole wheat pasta is high in fiber, which helps you lose weight and aids in digestion. In addition, whole grain pasta is a good source of iron, magnesium and zinc. The nutrients in whole wheat pasta are digested more slowly than in white flour pasta, which means you’ll stay full longer.
So if you care about your health and want to lose weight, you should switch to whole grain pasta. You will not regret it!
Lamb’s lettuce pesto – is that possible?
Pesto is not only a popular Italian dish, but also an excellent seasoning paste that can be used in many ways. In addition to the classic basil, other herbs and spices can also be used for a pesto. You can also use parsley , coriander or wild garlic , for example. Carrot and radish greens also go well with a pesto. Just try what you like best!
Lamb’s lettuce with hazelnuts is also a delicious combination that you should try. The lamb’s lettuce is very rich in vitamins and contains many minerals. Hazelnuts are high in healthy fats and provide you with lots of energy. With this combination you make a great pesto that you can serve on your favorite pasta.
Pesto made from lamb’s lettuce with hazelnuts:
Lamb’s lettuce and hazelnuts – an unusual combination, but it tastes very good! The pesto is ideal as a dip or as an ingredient in salads.
For the pesto you will need:
- 300g lamb’s lettuce
- 80 grams of hazelnuts
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- optional Parmesan or a vegan alternative such as yeast flakes
Wash the lamb’s lettuce and shake dry. Roast the hazelnuts in a pan without fat until they are lightly brown. Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves.
Put everything in a blender and mix with the olive oil to a smooth pesto. Season with salt and pepper. Optionally stir in the grated cheese and the pesto can be eaten immediately.
Love parmesan? But you also want to live vegan?
No problem! With these tips you can enjoy vegan without parmesan. There is good news: vegan without Parmesan is also possible! Many of you are probably wondering what parmesan even is. In short, it is a cheese made from hard or soft cheeses. It has an intense taste and is often used to flavor dishes. Unfortunately, Parmesan is not vegan as it is made from animal milk. But don’t worry, there are many other cheeses that are vegan. There’s even vegan parmesan that tastes just as good as the original.
First of all, you can use different vegan cheeses. These include, for example, cheese made from nuts, cheese made from legumes or vegan cheese made from soy. Alternatively, you can also use these in a vegan pesto. These are available in many different flavors and are excellent for pasta, pizza or other dishes.
if you like our pasta with lamb’s lettuce pesto, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Vegan Hasselback Pumpkin
- Italian pasta idea with porcini mushrooms
- vegan sweet potato pumpkin chili
- Pasta e ceci – pasta with chickpeas
- Orecchiette pasta with pepper and cheese sauce
- more pasta ideas…
Wholemeal spaghetti with lamb's lettuce pesto
For the lamb's lettuce pesto with hazelnuts:
- 500 G Wholemeal pasta or your choice
- 20 G hazelnuts chopped and roasted
- Parmesan* or vegan alternative
- Lamb's lettuce for the set
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
in the meantime:
- Wash lamb's lettuce thoroughly, drain well and trim.
- Peel and coarsely chop the garlic.
- Finely grate the parmesan.
- Now put lamb’s lettuce, garlic and hazelnuts with the olive oil in a blender or blender and purée coarsely. If the mixture is too dry, add a tablespoon or two of water.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper and stir in the grated parmesan (or vegan yeast flakes).
Quick Beetroot Side Salad:
- Peel the beets with the vegetable peeler. Cut into fine Julien or grate coarsely.
- Mix the beets with the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, salt, pepper and oil.
Arrange and serve:
- Put the pesto in a bowl and add the pasta. Carefully fold the pesto into the pasta. If you find it too dry, add a small ladleful of the pasta cooking water.
- Wrap the pasta in portions on a meat fork and place the portion on preheated plates.
- Arrange the salad and serve sprinkled with hazelnuts and parmesan (or a vegan alternative).
- Maybe decorate with more lamb's lettuce.
Pin this vegan recipe for „Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Lamb’s Lettuce Pesto“ on Pinterest and cook later