Vegan Tomato Bean Salad with Peach is a simple salad and refreshingly flavorful accompaniment to grilled vegetables or as a large portion for a summer lunch. Onions and garlic are briefly tossed in the pan, which not only distributes their flavor in the vinaigrette, but also softens their bite. This salad is also easy to prepare ahead of time and is an excellent choice for a picnic. It’s also extremely versatile and can be paired with any soft herb like basil, tarragon, or mint and chili in almost any form.
delicious flavors – perfect summer dish
Drain the beans and toss in as many juicy seasonal cherry tomatoes as you can possibly fit in the bowl. add a few large handfuls of flavorful, salty feta (optional) and lots of chopped fresh basil, celery greens, parsley, or oregano. Mix it all together with the aromatic shallot and apple vinaigrette and the result is a flavorful salad that feels hearty, yet is light and fresh enough to be seasonal.
A quick salad for long summer days
This recipe is ready in minutes, making it an option even on busy weekdays. It’s definitely worth an entree when you’re craving a filling meatless (and gluten-free) dinner or lunch, but it also works well as a side dish. Pair it with grilled meat or fish, or carry it to your next picnic to join the burger and wrap side of the crowd. Regardless of how you choose to enjoy it, it’s sure to turn into a summer party.
if you like our vegan tomato and bean salad, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- vegan Tex-Mex pasta salad with creamy chipolte dressing
- Fattoush salad with pita chips
- quick radish pickles
- Summer panzanella salad
- Falafel bowl with orange couscous
Tip for mixing the dressing:
Shaking dressing in a jar is the best way to really blend the lemon/lime and oil together for a thick, glossy dressing.
vegan tomato and bean salad with peach
- lettuce Rocket, lamb's lettuce...
- 200 G feta cheese
- Drain the beans through a sieve. Rinse under running water.
- Wash and trim the celeriac, remove the threads and cut into thin slices.
- Wash and halve tomatoes. Remove the stalks from large tomatoes.
- Wash the peaches and cut into fine wedges.
- Rinse the basil, cut or pluck large leaves into strips. Reserve some leaves for decoration.
- Mix all the salad ingredients with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lettuce on plates and arrange the tomato and peach salad on top.
- Peel the garlic and onion and dice very finely. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic cubes until translucent.
- Halve the lime and squeeze out the juice, stir in the apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the garlic and onion mixture and beat in the remaining olive oil.
- Dice the feta and sprinkle loosely over the salad and serve immediately. (optional)