Tasty vegan sweet potato pancakes, filled with a little spice and herbs, served with tahini dip and cucumber salad. These easy homemade sweet potato pancakes are the perfect combination of savory and spicy, and they take just over half an hour to make.
Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes – What’s in it?
These easy vegan pancakes come with simple ingredients. For one, to keep them plant-based and preserve the flavors of the sweet potato, with little spice. The basis of the buffer consists of:
- grated sweet potato and one potato
- grated onion
- Flaxseed for more protein and fiber
- Cornstarch to bind the burgers together
They process these and then mix them with salt and pepper.
You can also incorporate coriander, ginger, turmeric, garlic, cayenne pepper and/or fresh spring onions into the fritters. But try it without that number of spices, you’ll be surprised how good these authentic vegan sweet potato fritters taste. So try it first and adjust the spices next time if necessary.
PS: I always recommend lots of freshly ground pepper.
Why could it also become your favourite?
- Vegan sweet potato pancakes are absolutely delicious. They are better than what I’ve gotten in any restaurant before, let alone the maybe still frozen vegetable patties bought in the supermarket.
- These burgers hold their shape before, during and after cooking. My experiences with vegetarian / vegan patties are otherwise quite difficult to make or even difficult to eat. Here the complete opposite.
- You can make these sweet potato pancakes in the oven, on the stovetop in a pan, or even on your grill.
- They freeze well so you can enjoy them again later.
- Vegan sweet potato fritters are perfect for people following special diets. These burgers are naturally vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, egg-free, and soy-free.
if you like our vegan sweet potato pancakes, you might also be interested in these recipes:
- Falafel recipe guaranteed to succeed
- oriental fried oat flakes with vegetables
- Beetroot herb tabbouleh
- Zucchini and carrot fritters quick and crispy
- Cauliflower steaks from the oven
- even more stir-fries
gluten free, quick and vegan sweet potato pancakes
Sweet potato pancakes:
- 2 el Linseed* crushed
- 400 G sweet potato
- 1 Potato
- 1 Onion small
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp Sea-salt*
- 3 el cornstarch or rice flour
- vegetable oil
- small bunch parsley
- small bunch of chives
- cucumber salad >> optional
Sweet potato pancakes:
- Mix the ground flaxseeds with 5 tablespoons of water and set aside.
- Peel all potatoes and grate coarsely on a kitchen grater.
- Peel and also grate the onion.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Mix the vegetables with a teaspoon of sea salt and leave to stand for about 10 minutes. Then squeeze out the liquid and drain.
- Then add salt, pepper, flaxseed and cornstarch to the rasps and mix everything together.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan. Shape the mixture into fritters, place in the pan and fry until crispy on each side, about 4 minutes.
- Mix the soy yogurt with the tahini. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Garnish and Serve:
- Finely chop the chives and parsley. Scatter herbs over the finished pancakes and serve with a tahini drizzle and maybe a fresh cucumber salad.