No summer without a barbecue and no barbecue without a good pasta salad. Usually these salads are loaded with dairy, but not this one. The Vegan Macaroni Pasta Salad is completely dairy-free and loaded with a perfect combination of crunchy veggies. Italian pasta heaven in just one bowl.
This Easy Pasta Salad is so simple, and it will probably take you just 30 minutes to mix up just a few ingredients to create a creamy salad. The result is a light, fresh pasta salad with a vegan mayonnaise-based dressing with perfectly crunchy and colorful vegetables. A classic pasta salad, with macaroni, served only as a vegan variation.
Pasta salad to go? Sure, of course. Our easy pasta salad is perfect for a barbecue, a hot summer day at the lake, a picnic, office lunch or camping. Make this salad and take it anywhere this summer. Good Appetite.
Creamy vegan dressing for pasta salad
The mixture of vegan mayonnaise, mustard, garlic and fresh dill results in a creamy dressing. If you want to make the dressing a little spicier, add a few chopped jalapenos. These give an extra peppery kick. You’ll probably think the dressing is a bit greasy if it’s freshly made. Rest assured though, once mixed with the pasta and all those fresh yet crunchy veggies, it will be mild.
For the veggies, you could also use a mix of your favorite veggies. However, I like the combination of celery, bell peppers (regardless of whether they are red, yellow or green), red mild onions, tomatoes and black olives. If you don’t have any small tomatoes on hand, use regular tomatoes and core them beforehand.
if you like our vegan pasta salad, you might also be interested in these dishes:
Vegan Macaroni Pasta Salad
vegan mayo dressing:
- 250 G Macaroni* or pennies...
- 200 G vegan mayonnaise*
- 2 tsp Mustard
- 1 clove of garlic
- Black pepper*
- kosher salt*
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 small bunch of dill
- ½ Red onion
- 1 Red pepper
- 3 stem celery
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 Kalamata olives* or others
- 1 spring onion
Prepare salad ingredients:
- Cook pasta in lightly salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- wash vegetables.
- Halve the peppers, deseed, remove the separating membrane and finely dice.
- De-thread the celery and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin strips.
- To dice tomatoes.
- Slice the olives.
- Cut the scallions into fine rings.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Rinse the dill and chop finely as well.
- In a bowl, mix together the vegan mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, black pepper, salt, sugar and chopped dill.
Mix and serve the salad:
- Carefully mix the noodles with the prepared vegetables and dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chilled and stir again beforehand.