Tasty, healthy and easy to prepare – these are the ingredients for a perfect lunch or dinner. And that’s exactly what you get with this recipe for Roasted Vegetable Pasta with Cashew Pesto. The noodles are packed with healthy veggies, and the cashew pesto adds a lovely creamy touch to the whole meal. You’ve probably never prepared such a tasty and healthy dish so quickly and easily.
what you need to prepare delicious Roasted Vegetable Noodles
Would you like to prepare delicious, roasted vegetable noodles and are wondering what you need to do it?
Well, first of all, you need different types of vegetables. We recommend using red onions, zucchini, aubergines and a mix of colored peppers. We have already tried alternatives for autumn and winter. For the colder season we recommend, for example: mushrooms, broccoli, pumpkin or Brussels sprouts.
Then you need noodles. You can use any type of pasta, but we recommend short Italian pasta. If you like eating whole wheat pasta, this is a good alternative for this pasta recipe. With gluten-free pasta, this dish also becomes gluten-free.
For the pesto you need basil and cashew nuts. If you have any leftover Cashwemus, you can also use that for it.
We used vegan feta for the delicious topping, but you can also substitute creamy goat cheese.
There are only three spices. Salt, pepper and some garlic granules.
Roasting vegetables in the oven is that easy
Set the oven to the desired temperature and spread the vegetables on the baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle over the olive oil and season with some garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix everything together and then spread evenly on the baking sheet and fry. Flip the veggies and I like to flip the baking sheet halfway through the baking time so everything is evenly cooked.
more delicious pasta recipes you will love:
- Pasta in creamy ricotta pumpkin cream
- Italian pasta idea with porcini mushrooms
- Pizza di pasta sfoglia
- Wholemeal spaghetti with lamb’s lettuce pesto
- Orecchiette pasta with pepper and cheese sauce
- quick pasta alla vodka
- more pasta ideas…
Tasty and healthy vegetable noodles with cashew pesto
For the vegetables:
- 1 Red onion
- 1 aubergine
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 yellow peppers
- 200 G cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon native olive oil*
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder*
- kosher salt*
- Black pepper* from the mill
For the cashew pesto:
- 50 G Cashews*
- 1 class Bunch of basil from 1 oz pack
- 2-3 native olive oil*
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt*
- 2-3 tablespoon Lukewarm water
For the noodles:
- 250 G pasta* or whole grain pasta, gluten-free pasta
- Feto or feta, goat cheese ...
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash all vegetables of course.
- Halve the aubergine and zucchini lengthwise and quarter again lengthwise.
- Peel the onion and cut into narrow wedges.
- Deseed all peppers, remove white membranes and cut into large pieces.
- You can season the vegetables in a bowl or directly on the baking sheet. Drizzle it with olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well so that the spices are evenly distributed.
- Spread the vegetables evenly on the baking sheet.
- Put the vegetables in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn the vegetables over and add the cherry tomatoes. Bake for another 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
While the vegetables are roasting:
- Roast the cashew nuts in a drying pan until golden brown.
- Place the cashews, basil, avocado/olive oil, salt and some water in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Put aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, then put back into the pot.
Arranging and serving:
- Fold in the pesto, some feto and the roasted vegetables. Divide among plates, serve with feto cheese and basil leaves, if you like.
Pin these vegan vegetable noodles with cashew pesto on Pinterest and cook them later
Roasted Vegetable Noodles with Cashew Pesto are a great alternative to traditional pasta dishes. This tasty and healthy alternative consists of steamed or stir-fried vegetables served with a cashew pesto. These noodles are perfect for a quick and easy meal that’s still healthy and delicious.