A quick vegan white bean salad that’s quick and easy to make with just a handful of ingredients. A complete meal, high in protein and made from ingredients you probably have in your pantry. A simple lemon dressing turns this bean salad into a fresh and vibrant dish. Use this great basic salad to customize it with different ingredients according to your wishes and tastes.
Super easy salad
I know you’re going to love this Easy Tuscan White Bean Salad. It’s made from inexpensive canned beans and is still light and fresh because of the dressing. So grab a can of kidney beans from the back of your cupboard and make a delicious salad in minutes.
A few words about the ingredients
Kidney Beans: Kidney beans are high in protein and an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are the main ingredient of this dish. Drain, rinse and they are ready to use. There are three types of kidney beans that work here: lima beans, cristal, or cannellini beans.
Onions: I use red onions, which are mild in flavor without being overpowering when fresh. They add a lot of flavor to the salad.
Herbs: I use a mixture of parsley and cilantro. I recommend fresh herbs.
Tomatoes: Cherry tomatoes are always my first choice, but feel free to use whatever you have. Add them later if you prepare the bean salad a day or two in advance.
Dressing: A simple lemon and olive oil dressing gives the salad a wonderful freshness and can be prepared very quickly. I love squeezing lemons early in the week to have easy dressings like this on hand.
Which white beans should I use?
In this recipe, I use cannellini beans, also known as white kidney beans. Large kidney beans or just regular kidney beans also work very well. However, this recipe is adaptable and will work with other canned beans like red kidney, pinto, and even chickpeas too.
This white bean salad is great for making ahead of time. It keeps well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. However, always add the tomatoes just before serving.
if you like our White Bean Salad, you might also be interested in these recipes:
- vegan tomato and bean salad
- vegan Tex-Mex pasta salad with creamy chipotle dressing
- Make falafel yourself
- white chocolate cheesecake
White bean salad - vegan
- 2 cans White beans
- 200 G cherry tomatoes
- 1 Red onion
- 2 small bunch parsley
- 1 small Bunch of coriander
- Pour the beans into a colander, rinse and drain well.
- Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes. Especially large quarters.
- Peel and finely dice the red onion.
- Rinse the parsley and coriander and shake dry. Chop.
- In a small bowl or glass, mix the ingredients for the dressing. If it's too sour for you, add some sugar or syrup.
Arranging and serving:
- In a bowl, gently toss the prepared beans, cherry tomatoes, red onions, parsley, and cilantro with the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy.