Fast pasta alla vodka is a delicious, typical Italian dish and goes well with autumn and winter. With a little vegan cream (or coconut milk), vegan parmesan and various herbs and spices, a meal is created that other foods will gobble up so quickly that there is not even enough time for dessert. The spicy sauce with our parsley pesto and a good dash of vodka make this pasta dish an intensely fragrant meal.
Vodka in the pasta sauce?
Yes, no problem and it tastes really good too! And you don’t have to worry or be a friend of vodka, because in the quick pasta alla vodka the alcohol evaporates during cooking. You won’t get drunk with this pasta!
I love this recipe because it’s quick and easy to make and makes a delicious lunch or dinner in under 30 minutes!
Plant-based cream alternatives
By the way, any vegetable cream can be used for the vodka sauce. Whether based on soy, oats or coconut, everything tastes good. For non-vegetarians, of course, the usual cream is also possible!
Vodka sauce for pasta
The sauce alone without the vodka tastes very good. Tomato paste and vegetable cream made into a delicious creamy sauce, with a good dash of vodka gives this sauce a wonderful and unique feel that is simply delicious.
So if you still have an opened bottle of vodka at home somewhere, now you know how to use it up! With this fantastic recipe for vegan pasta alla vodka.
Short pasta like penne, rigatoni, farfalle, etc are the usual candidates for this recipe, but you can make it with other types of pasta as well. Pasta alla vodka also tastes great with macaroni or spaghetti.
if you like quick pasta alla vodka, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Socca with Baba Ganoush
- Italian pasta idea with porcini mushrooms
- creamy pumpkin pasta
- Pasta e ceci – pasta with chickpeas
- Orecchiette pasta with pepper and cheese sauce
- more pasta ideas…
Pasta alla vodka
- 500 G pasta* Penny...
- 1 shallot or onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2-3 el native olive oil*
- 2 el tomato paste*
- 1 tsp Oregano* dried
- 1 tsp paprika flakes* or more to taste
- 120 ml vodka
- kosher salt*
- pepper from the mill
- 250 ml coconut milk*
- 2 el butter (vegan)
- 2 el Parsley pesto >> Recipe link or purchased
- 50 G vegan parmesan cheese plus more to serve
- small Bunch of basil cress, herbs...
- Cook the noodles in salted water according to package directions al dente.
- Peel the shallot and garlic. Fine dicing.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté until the shallots caramelize.
- Reduce heat. Stir in the tomato paste and sauté lightly. Add oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Pour in the vodka and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley pesto and coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- When the pasta is done, add it to the sauce, adding a little pasta water if needed. If you are satisfied with the consistency, stir in the grated parmesan and vegan butter.
- Arrange the pasta on plates and serve sprinkled with basil and more Parmesan.