Italian Oven Roasted Fennel with Parmesan is an easy snack or side dish made with fresh fennel, Parmesan, and a little olive oil. Good and good for you!
I usually make a quick and easy raw fennel salad . That means I just slice it up and toss it with some salt and olive oil. But this Italian parmesan and fennel recipe is also extremely tasty and so easy to make that I serve it up more than once a year. Maybe I’m a bit obsessed with it. I like to conjure up a deliciously authentic snack or appetizer with a minimal number of ingredients. I hope you enjoy this easy Oven Baked Fennel as much as we do. Buon Appetito!
Is Fennel Good For You?
- Due to its calcium content, it helps maintain bone strength.
- that also means it’s good for your skin.
- Fennel helps lower blood pressure.
- Is beneficial for digestion.
- A vegetable for cancer prevention.
- Helps reduce the risk of heart disease.
So dig in!
How does fennel actually taste?
Some people say fennel has a kind of liquorice flavor. I find it has a slight liquorice flavor but nothing overly so. Try not to use the stalks, just the tender bulbs.
And when baked, fennel is just out of this world, devastatingly delicious.
washing and cleaning. Cut off the stems and save the tender greens. I only use the stems on very young plants, otherwise I find them too hard and tough.
Cut the bulb in half lengthwise and then into narrow wedges so that the segments are held together by the stalk.
I only remove the inner stalk when I make a salad out of it. Use immediately or store covered in the refrigerator and consume within 2 days.
if you like our Oven-Roasted Fennel Snack with Parmesan, you might also be interested in these dishes:
oven-roasted fennel with parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Clean the fennel and cut into wedges that are not too thick.
- Place the fennel on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with some sea salt (be sparing, the Parmesan afterwards also has salt in it).
- Roast in the oven on the top shelf until the edges are colored and the fennel is soft. 5 minutes before the end, sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan and bake.
- Enjoy hot!