Oatmeal with a difference
Do you know oatmeal from the breakfast table as muesli or porridge? You can do a lot more with it. Try our fried oat flakes with fresh vegetables and aromatic spices from the Orient.
Oriental fried oatmeal with vegetables
- 100 G Wholegrain oatmeal
- 200 G zucchini
- 120 G carrots
- 50 G sugar snap
- 50 G Cashews*
- 40 G golden raisins*
- 2 spring onions
- 50 ml water
- 3 el Peanut oil*
- 1 el Sesame oil*
- 2 el Soy sauce*
- 2 lime leaves
- ½ red chili pepper milder with hot peppers
- 1 tsp Ginger*
- ½ tsp mustard seeds*
- ½ tsp Turmeric*
- ½ tsp garam masala*
- 1 small Bunch of coriander
- kosher salt*
- Soak oatmeal in water for about 3 minutes . Pour through a sieve and drain well.
- Wash zucchini and cut into cubes of about 1 cm.
- Peel the carrots, cut lengthwise into narrow slices and then cut into diamonds about 1 to 2 cm long.
- Wash sugar snap peas and cut in half diagonally.
- Wash the spring onions and cut into fine rings. Set aside the white and green separately.
- Roast the cashew nuts in a pan without adding fat until golden brown.
- Rinse raisins.
- Halve the chili or, for the milder version, the pepperoni, deseed, remove the separating membrane and finely dice.
- Finely chop the lime leaves down to the stem.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger.
- Heat peanut oil in a pan. Fry the carrot diamonds, rolled oats and the whites of the spring onions for about 3 minutes .
- Then add the mustard seeds and ginger and fry. When the mustard seeds start popping, add diced zucchini and sugar snap peas to the pan. Barten everything for another 2 minutes .
- Reduce the heat a little. Add the chili, turmeric, garam masala and raisins to the pan and deglaze with the soy sauce and water. Let it boil down briefly.
- Finally stir in the chopped lime leaves and the green of the spring onions and drizzle with the sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the fried oats with vegetables on plates or in bowls. Serve sprinkled with cashew nuts and chopped coriander leaves.