All on board for today’s Fresh Express Salad! Mediterranean Chickpea Salad – vegan, tons of texture, healthy ingredients and energizing flavors. Thanks to the chickpeas, this salad will keep you full for hours. It’s satisfying in a way that lettuce never could be. This easy and vegan chickpea salad is uplifting, filling and one of my all time favorite summer meals.
Made with deliciously roasted peppers, fresh herbs, refreshing cucumber and creamy feta (if you like), every bite tastes like warm and sunny moments. A meal that can brighten the mood again and again.
This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is a recipe I usually save for summer, but earlier this week I was craving the high-protein and high-fiber chickpeas in a hearty vegan entree. I first fell in love with easy chickpea salads when I tried a Jamie Oliver recipe. A friend made it for a picnic and it was delicious. Fresh tomatoes only taste good in midsummer, a season that is always too short here in Berlin. 😉
Actually, this salad tastes great at any time of the year. You don’t have to wait until mid-summer to make this recipe (peppers, for example, taste great almost any time of the year). It tastes fabulous at room temperature and will brighten up your afternoon, especially if you’re looking for something lighter like I often do.
Preparation and storage tips
Prepare the salad. Chop the cucumber, peppers, and onions up to 2 days ahead and store in separate airtight storage containers in the refrigerator. You can also mix the dressing up to 2 days in advance and store in the fridge.
Store finished or leftover salad in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
if you like our Mediterranean chickpea salad, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Aubergine mini pizza with cashew cheese
- Chickpea Zucchini Curry
- Cauliflower steaks from the oven
- homemade falafel to take home
- Fattoush salad with pita chips
- vegan tomato and bean salad with peach
Mediterranean chickpea salad - vegan
- 100 G goat cheese
- 1 el honey
- Peel and finely chop or grate the garlic.
- Finely grate the zest from one lemon. Squeeze both lemons.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse well.
- Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Pit and roughly dice the Medjool dates.
- wash cucumber. Halve, scrape out the seeds with a spoon and then cut into thin "half moons".
- Cut the grilled peppers into fine cubes.
- Rinse the parsley and mint, shake dry and chop finely.
- Briefly toast the cumin in a pan without adding fat until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Now add all other ingredients such as: chickpeas, tomatoes, dates, cucumbers, peppers and parsley to the bowl and mix carefully. Place on a serving plate and serve sprinkled with the mint.