Lemongrass lemonade with Thai basil
For 8 glasses
- 4 stems lemongrass
- Ginger* walnut size
- 200 G Brown sugar
- 1 small bunch of lemon balm
- 3 limes
in addition to that:
- ice cubes
- lime slices
- Apple acidic
- 1 small Bunch of Thai basil
- 1 l carbonated mineral water
Make Lemongrass Ginger Syrup:
- Cut lemongrass into fine rings.
- Peel ginger and cut into fine slices.
- Boil the brown sugar with 200 ml water. Add the lemongrass and ginger and cook gently for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove and place the lemon balm in the broth. Leave closed for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the ginger-lemongrass stock through a sieve and leave to cool. Squeeze the limes and add the juice to the syrup. Then chill in the fridge until further use.
- Quarter the apple, cut out the core and cut into thin wedges.
- Place the apple wedges and Thai basil in a pitcher or separate into individual glasses. Pour the mineral water over the lemongrass-ginger syrup and enjoy over ice cubes.