This post is also available on: Deutsch
* Dieser Beitrag kann Affiliate-Links enthalten!
Watermelon Lemonade with No Added Sugar is a refreshing and thirst-quenching drink perfect for hot summer days. A red lemonade made with one of the best fruits of the summer. Watermelon is a water-rich fruit with many beneficial properties. In fact, watermelon is 92 percent water and the remaining 8 percent is sugar, so it’s very low in calories.
It is also a natural remedy for heart disease, cholesterol and, thanks to citrulin, high blood pressure. In addition, watermelon is rich in vitamin B6 and magnesium. Lemon, on the other hand, is rich in vitamin C and has digestive, thirst-quenching, and refreshing properties.
This summery detox drink is very easy to prepare. Just combine watermelon and lemon juice and mix for a few seconds without adding more water. A very easy drink to relax and quench your thirst on hot summer afternoons
The use of sugar is optional and depends on personal taste as watermelon is inherently sweet. You can leave out the sugar or replace it with some honey.
This time we’ve added some tonic water to our watermelon lemonade to increase the refreshment with the sour note.
If you’d like to try other cold sodas perfect for summer, like our no-sugar watermelon lemonade, check out our homemade lemonades .
Variation as a cocktail
If you want to make an alcoholic version of this lemonade in addition to lemon juice, you can also add a glass of limoncello or white wine.
more homemade lemonade!
- homemade blueberry lemonade
- best drink made from lemons, oranges and lime
- Ginger Lime Lemonade
- ayurvedic ginger basil lemonade
- homemade apple and herb lemonade
- even more?
Watermelon lemonade without sugar
- 1 kg watermelon
- juice of a lemon
- 300 ml tonic water
- 200 G ice cubes
- Break up the watermelon and dice the flesh. Remove existing cores.
- Finely puree the flesh in a blender. Mix with lemon juice. Refrigerate.
- Pour ⅔ of the melon juice into glasses on ice. Then top up with tonic water.