This post is also available on: Deutsch
* Dieser Beitrag kann Affiliate-Links enthalten!
Spicy Cucumber Radish Salad is sweet, tangy & delicious. Served with fresh dill or mint, it’s the perfect healthy, refreshing accompaniment to any meal or warm BBQ.
Do you also love cool cucumber salads in warm weather? I find cucumber salad is refreshing and moisturizing, just what you need on a hot day. In this salad, the cool freshness of the cucumbers perfectly balances the warm spiciness of the radishes. Add to that the fresh dill (try this salad with mint too) and in sweet and sour white wine vinaigrette, absolutely delicious.
consists of nothing more than white wine vinegar, virgin olive oil and some sugar, which you can replace with honey or agave syrup. Salt and pepper is only added shortly before serving, so as not to deprive the vegetables of their moisture and to keep them fresher. This way you can prepare the salad in advance and store it in the fridge.
I love this salad not only for the simple healthy taste but also for the fresh look. Gorgeous bright red and green color combination, finely sliced into super thin circles. I used a vegetable slicer , a so-called mandolin, for cutting. In this way, the cucumbers and radishes are cut quickly and, above all, very thinly and evenly. You can cut it with a knife, but the mandolin speeds things up a lot and the cuts are just perfect. But be careful – these vegetable slicers are super sharp!
Spicy cucumber and radish salad
- Wash the cucumber and cut or slice thinly.
- Wash radishes and cut or slice thinly.
- Whisk together the white wine vinegar, olive oil, and sugar in a large bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Gently mix the cucumber, radishes and plucked dill with the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- The salad can be served immediately.