This post is also available on: Deutsch
* Dieser Beitrag kann Affiliate-Links enthalten!
Autumn is beautiful, but it comes early and goes quickly. Looking for a special recipe? Then this is the place for you. This salad with fresh persimmon and beetroot dressing is the perfect way to take advantage of the short season. Earthy and tangy beetroot dressing for a delicious fall side dish.
Why should you eat persimmons?
First of all, persimmon is healthy. Persimmon is a fruit that has many health benefits. It is rich in vitamins and minerals, and it also contains phytochemicals that are good for health. In addition, kaki is easy to digest and is therefore also suitable for people with a sensitive stomach.
The vitamin-rich persimmon is more than a healthy snack for in between. Persimmon contains a lot of provitamin A, which is particularly good for skin, eyes, hair and cell protection. Various minerals such as magnesium, calcium and phosphorus are also contained in the healthy fruits.
What’s healthy about beetroot?
Beetroot is a very healthy vegetable that contains many important nutrients. It is particularly rich in iron, which is particularly good for women. Iron and can therefore help particularly well with anemia. Beetroot is also good for digestion and helps with weight loss. In addition, the very healthy beetroot is a type of vegetable that contains a lot of fiber and vitamins. Beetroot is also very good for digestion and helps in detoxifying the body.
Salad ingredient variations
Instead of the dried apricots: you can use any dried fruit you like. For example cranberries, plums, blueberries and peaches would work well.
Pumpkin Seeds (Pepita): You can replace Pepitas with sunflower seeds, almonds (I also added them) or nuts if you prefer.
For a nut-free option , you can also use toasted coconut flakes for this healthy fall salad with persimmons.
Bulgur: I added the bulgur to fill me up. You can either omit this completely (if it is a salad as a starter) or replace it with bulgur, spelt or quinoa.
Pomegranate Syrup: You can substitute a balsamic reduction for pomegranate syrup.
if you like our persimmon salad with beetroot dressing, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Hasselback beetroot with coriander pesto
- Beetroot Herb Tabbouleh
- vegan power salad with quinoa
- Quinoa barley salad with dates vegan
- vegan beet bowl on spelt and chickpeas
- Sweet potato salad with hummus and rocket
Persimmon season is here! Persimmons in a salad are a great way to enjoy the vitamin-rich fruit. Served with a delicious beetroot dressing. Here is the recipe:
fresh persimmon and beetroot dressing
for the salad:
Prepare the salad:
- Prepare bulgur according to package directions, set aside and allow to cool. (for a side salad just leave out the bulgur)
- Remove the stalks of the persimmons and peel.
- Cut the first persimmon into 8-10 wedges and cut the second crosswise into large round slices.
- Wash the lettuce and spin dry. In a suitable bowl, add the blended leaves, 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and gently toss the leaves with it.
- Dry-roast the flaked almonds in a pan for 2 minutes without adding fat. Toss well so they don't just roast or burn on one side.
- Halve the apple and cut into thin slices.
- Cut dried apricots into small pieces.
- If you don't have pre-cooked beetroot, you can also prepare fresh beetroot as follows: Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add the large beetroot (with skin) and cook until tender, about 20-30 minutes. Take out and peel.
- Cut the beetroot into large pieces.
- Finely puree the beetroot, juice of half a lemon, the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, pomegranate syrup, red wine vinegar and some salt with a hand blender (or in a blender).
- Pour beetroot salad dressing into a small jar or nice bowl, as the dressing will be poured over the salad by your guests after you've served.
Arranging and serving:
- Arrange lettuce leaves loosely on plates or a platter.
- Then they loosely put the bulgur.
- Sprinkle half of the dried apricots, flaked almonds and pepitas on top.
- Place the prettiest persimmon wedges and slices on top of the salad.
- Now place the sliced apples between the lettuce leaves and the bulgur.
- Sprinkle the remaining dried apricots, flaked almonds and pumpkin seeds on top.
- Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with the beetroot dressing as a side dish and for self-service.
Pin this Fresh Persimmon Salad with Beetroot Dressing recipe on Pinterest to cook later