This post is also available on: Deutsch
* Dieser Beitrag kann Affiliate-Links enthalten!
Roasted cauliflower on mashed potatoes is a delicious, vegan and quick dish that you can bring to the table for the whole family during the week. In addition inexpensive, since we will only use simple and regional ingredients for it. Baked cauliflower from the oven is aromatically roasted directly on the creamy and vegan mashed potatoes. Maybe a way to tempt your kids to eat vegetables.
Roast the cauliflower and do not boil it
We will not cook the cauliflower, instead we will roast it in the oven. Those golden brown edges on the cauliflower are what we want. That gives it depth, because we are deep people. All we have to do is spread the cauliflower florets out on a sheet pan with slices of sweet onion, refreshing lemon, herbs and some roughly crushed garlic cloves. Just mix everything together with the spices because more flavor equals more depth. Once everything is in the oven to toast and we’ve marveled at the ease of this recipe, things get even easier…
Is Roasted Cauliflower on Mashed Potatoes Good for Us?
Cauliflower and potatoes are definitely good for us, even when combined with healthy fats. Potatoes don’t make you fat and are naturally ideal gluten-free and fat-free fillers that come packed with vitamins and potassium. Cauliflower, with its subtle taste, is also full of healthy nutrients and is easily digestible. For health-conscious eaters, cauliflower is a food with multiple benefits. For one, it’s not the richest of the cabbage family at around 70mg of vitamin C per 100g, but it’s quite a lot compared to other vegetables. It also has a finer cell structure, making it easier to digest.
more recipes like our roasted cauliflower on mashed potatoes:
- baked tender miso onions
- Gnocchi with cauliflower and thyme sauce
- Tandoori cauliflower with tahini yogurt
- Baked Chinese cabbage with oatmeal and cheese crust
- Cauliflower steaks from the oven
- more oven and pan vegetables…
roasted cauliflower on mashed potatoes
for the oven cauliflower:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Clean the cauliflower and divide into small florets. Wash, drain well and place in a bowl.
- Cut half a lemon into chunks.
- Peel the red onion and cut into rings or wedges.
- Pluck the rosemary and thyme from the sprigs.
- Roughly chop the garlic.
- Add all the prepared ingredients to the cauliflower in the bowl, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the paprika powder. Mix everything well so that the cauliflower is evenly coated with the red peppers.
- Place the vegetables on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel the potatoes and cut them into large pieces. Cook in a saucepan of salted water for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
- Pour in the soy milk, add olive oil, nutmeg and some salt. Mix everything well and taste.
- Rinse the parsley, shake dry and roughly chop. Mix half into the puree just before serving.
- Divide the mashed potatoes between plates and place the baked cauliflower on top. Serve sprinkled with the remaining parsley.