This post is also available on: Deutsch
* Dieser Beitrag kann Affiliate-Links enthalten!
Do you also like the earthy sweetness of roasted beets? Yes, then you will love the recipe for roasted beets on creamy polenta. Oven-roasted vegetables are the perfect complement to a creamy polenta with vegan parmesan or yeast flakes. Topped with a homemade spice mix of sesame and roasted onions, this light vegan and gluten-free dish will be a highlight during the week.
Tips for polenta toppings:
- Polenta is a fairly neutral base for any meal. So make sure that your topping has plenty of flavor. Try cooking with lots of fresh herbs or garlic. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roasted mushrooms, stir-fry vegetables, or roasted oven vegetables work well.
- Try polenta paired with a tangy pesto , it’s heavenly good.
- Create a crunchy contrast to the creamy polenta. So let’s add something crunchy or crunchy on top to balance and emphasize the creaminess of the polenta.
- Cooking polenta is pretty foolproof and should be easy for anyone to do.
Polenta has become my easy lunch or dinner in our family.
if you like our vegan roasted beets, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- roasted cauliflower on mashed potatoes
- Dukkah tabbouleh with roasted vegetables
- Oven-roasted fennel with parmesan
- Creamy celery puree with baked beets
- Fried aubergines with roasted peppers
- Masala baked potatoes on yoghurt with tamarind
Roasted beets on creamy polenta
- 150 G corn grits polenta
- 200 ml coconut milk*
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 2-3 el nutritional yeast*
- kosher salt*
- Black pepper* from the mill
for the oven beets:
- 1 tsp sesame black/white*
- 1 el roasted onions*
- 1 tsp garlic powder*
- 1 tsp Poppy
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes* or coarse salt
Oven baked vegetables:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel and roughly dice the carrots. Pray quarters.
- Melt coconut oil and mix in the beets and carrots along with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Turn once or twice in between. For the last 10 minutes I push the tray on the top rail if I want a little more "roasting".
- While the vegetables are baking in the oven, bring the vegetable stock and coconut milk to a boil in a large enough saucepan.
- Stir in the polenta with a whisk. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes to avoid lumps forming. Switch off the electric stove (set the gas stove to the lowest level) and let the polenta swell with the residual heat for approx. 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When the polenta is done, season with salt and pepper. Stir in the yeast flakes and if the polenta is too thick, add a little more water or coconut milk.
the topping spice mix:
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a pan without adding fat.
- Mix all ingredients together. Crumble the roasted onions between your fingers.
- If you make more of this spice mix, you can store it in an airtight container.
Arranging and serving:
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and serve on the creamy polenta. Serve sprinkled with the topping.