This post is also available on: Deutsch
* Dieser Beitrag kann Affiliate-Links enthalten!
Pizza di pasta sfoglia – torta salata on puff pastry pizza
The “fake” puff pastry pizza is an easy alternative to the classic pizza. Nonetheless delicious and intriguing, both on the palate and on the eye. Pizza di pasta sfoglia is perfect if you want to bring a great classic of Italian cuisine to the table in a short time. Also excellent as an afternoon snack. Pizza di pasta sfoglia can replace a traditional dinner. Also it can refresh the kids after an adventurous day or serve them to nice hours with your friends. Then it is a perfect starter with an aperitif to open a summer dinner.
This delicious summery and savory pizza made of puff pastry, a colorful sweet tomato mix is one of those vegetarian recipes that are easy and quick to prepare. A perfect dish for breakfast, an appetizer or a main meal.
A savory “cake” that is one of those dishes that stimulate the imagination in the kitchen and is particularly welcome in summer when the supply of fresh vegetables is great. As simple as the fake puff pastry pizza is, it also tastes great. A colorful mix of sweet and sour tomatoes of various varieties is placed on the pre-made puff pastry base. A few spices, some syrup and as a cheese it is preferable to add some plucked pieces of a mozzarella or the mini version of said cheese. It is soft and melts very easily.
if you like our puff pastry pizza, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Potato and fig tarte flambée
- Eggplant mini pizza
- Zucchini carrot fritters – fast and crispy
- Italian Porcini Pasta
- Cauliflower steaks from the oven
- vegan turnip curry
Pizza di pasta sfoglia - torta salata on puff pastry
Pizza di pasta sfoglia:
- puff pastry I used spelled puff pastry
- 700 G tomatoes colorful tomato mix
- 2 clove of garlic
- kosher salt*
- 1 el maple syrup* or agave syrup
- 2 el native olive oil*
- 1 tsp Black pepper* from the mill
- chili flakes*
- small bunch of chives
- 200 G Mini mozzarella balls or a large plucked, buffalo mozzarella
- Olive Lemon Oil to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 190-200°C.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a baking sheet. To make the edge rise better, you can either fold it over a centimeter wide or carefully score it slightly, about one centimeter from the edge.
- Wash and dry your tomato mix. In my mix were the following varieties: Grimpante du Mexique, Black & Red Boar, Santa Cruz, Green Zebra and Yellow Pear Tomatoes...
- Cut large tomatoes into slices about 1 cm thick and simply halve smaller tomatoes or put them on whole.
- Peel the garlic and cut into 2-3 mm thick slices.
- Spread the tomatoes on the puff pastry (be careful not to line the edges). Scatter the garlic over the tomatoes.
- Season with salt. Drizzle the maple syrup over the tomatoes and brush the edges and tomatoes with the olive oil using a brush.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the puff pastry is well browned.
- Finished pizza di pasta sfoglia black pepper from the mill, chili flakes to taste.
- Before serving, top with chives, basil leaves and mozzarella balls. Finally, drizzle over some good olive-lemon oil (or some lemon juice).