This post is also available on: Deutsch
* Dieser Beitrag kann Affiliate-Links enthalten!
Baked Vegetables with Hasselbacks and Tahini Drizzle – Baked Vegetables – this is hands down the best way to prepare veggies. Roasting it in the oven gives it depth and delicious flavor and the perfect texture. I love this recipe because it’s a great way to load an abundance of different and fresh veggies into one meal. So good!
I had no idea what I was missing out on when I was crazy enough to cook veggies in the oven. Our kid isn’t particularly interested in veggies, but when I serve them as oven veggies, it’s a lot easier. Our son even likes roasted Brussels sprouts and broccoli these days.
What ingredients do I need for the Oven Vegetables with Hasselbacks and Tahini Drizzle?
The great thing about this recipe is that you may be able to clean out your fridge and have some veggies on hand. You can also use different spices depending on what you like.
In addition, you can also use these vegetables for our recipe: peppers, parsnips, zucchini, broccoli, onions, garlic, asparagus…
How to bake vegetables in the oven
This method of cooking veggies couldn’t be easier!
Clean and chop veggies into bite-sized pieces, toss with oil and seasonings, drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper, or toss the veggies with a marinade like we did here today. Spread everything on a baking sheet and bake until the vegetables are soft.
What is aquafaba?
Aquafaba is known as chickpea water. So this is the liquid that is produced when you cook beans or chickpeas. Aquafaba is often used in vegan cuisine as a substitute for protein, for example to make vegan egg whites, mousse or meringues.
more recipes with baked vegetables:
- Mediterranean chickpea salad
- stuffed pumpkin with vegan vegetable quinoa
- Hasselback squash
- Basil squash over coconut quinoa
- Cauliflower steaks from the oven
- quick zucchini carrot fritters
Oven Vegetables with Hasselbacks and Tahini Drizzle
- 250 ml Aquafaba Water from a can of chickpeas
- 3 el Soy sauce*
- 2 el coconut blossom sugar*
- 2 tsp miso paste*
- 2 tsp garlic powder*
- 1 tsp chilli flakes*
- 2 tsp black cumin*
Oven baked vegetables:
- 4 potatoes
- 2 Red onion
- ½ Hokkaido pumpkin
- 4 tomatoes
- 300 G tofu
- 4 carrots
- 2-3 sweet potato
- 3-4 Beetroot
- 2 el tahini*
- 2 el water
- 1 el lemon juice
- 1 el rice syrup*
- 2 spring onions
- Mix all the ingredients for the vegetable marinade in a bowl with a whisk.
Oven baked vegetables:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash the potatoes and cut them in a fan shape. To do this, use two old chopsticks that you place next to the potato so as not to cut all the way through.
- Peel carrots and cut into sticks.
- Peel and halve onions. Quarter large onions.
- Cut pumpkin into wedges.
- Peel the beetroot and cut into wedges.
- Cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes.
- Make a cross in the shape of a cross in the tomatoes opposite the base of the stalk.
- For the tahini drizzle, whisk together all the ingredients.
Baking and Serving:
- Roll all the prepared vegetables and the tofu in the marinade and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Wash the spring onions and cut into fine rings.
- Serve the roasted vegetables with spring onions and the tahini drizzle.