This post is also available on: Deutsch
* Dieser Beitrag kann Affiliate-Links enthalten!
This inexpensive Vegan Oven Baked Cabbage Steaks recipe is so easy. You can prepare it in less than 30 minutes with just a few touches. This delicious vegetable dish is healthy, vegan, gluten-free, lactose-free, and paleo. Your family, guests and of course you as a chef will love the convenience and flavor of this delicious side dish.
This recipe for Oven-Baked Cabbage Steaks is that easy
Because this white cabbage is roasted, its leaves become very tender and absorb the aromas of the spices well thanks to the olive oil. The edges of the leaves become slightly crispy, get a roasted flavor and are a nice contrast to the tender inside. This vegan dish is so easy and delicious that you can enjoy it as a quick snack or combine it with many other dishes at a meal. Another benefit to this cabbage steak recipe is that you use ingredients you probably already have around the house. So if you want to add a tasty vegetable to your dinner, this dish is a great choice. Once you’ve prepared the cabbage, in just a few minutes, you can roast it in the oven and prepare other dishes in the meantime.
A few extra tips for a good success
What does the right cabbage look like? When choosing the cabbages for this recipe, make sure they are fresh and crisp. Look for a cabbage that is firm and compact. It should have few loose leaves and feel heavy for its size.
Don’t leave out the oil. This step is necessary because the oil not only helps the cabbage steaks to become nice and tender, but also to give the spices a hold during frying and not to let them burn.
Be sure to oil and season both sides. Don’t forget to turn the cabbage steaks and repeat the oiling and seasoning steps. Applying these ingredients to both sides will give you a more even distribution of flavors and texture.
If you like our Oven-Baked Cabbage Steaks, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Ayurvedic cabbage and chickpea curry
- baked Chinese cabbage with oatmeal crust
- Chickpea Zucchini Curry
- Hasselback pumpkin from the oven
- Cauliflower steaks from the oven
- Make your own coriander pesto
What can you serve the cabbage steaks with?
These roasted cabbage steaks are a great snack and can be enjoyed on their own. Or you can enjoy them together with your favorite pasta, simply mixed with a delicious pesto or in your favorite sauce. Served on quinoa, bulgur, spelled and I don’t know what other grains are just a few of the options that make this cabbage even better. Or top fried and sautéed tofu and make it delicious. Served with cauliflower rice and sautéed mushrooms, it’s still a great option with the roasted cabbage.
Oven Baked Cabbage Steaks
- 1 white cabbage or pointed cabbage
- 3 el native olive oil*
- 2 tsp paprika powder* sweet
- 1 tsp garlic powder*
- kosher salt*
- Cut the stalk off the cabbage and remove the outer wilted leaves.
- Then cut the cabbage crossways into slices about 2 to 3 cm thick and place the resulting cabbage steaks on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Pour the olive oil into a small bowl and brush the cabbage steaks with olive oil using a pastry brush.
- Season with salt, garlic powder and paprika. Turn the cabbage steaks over and repeat the process.
- Bake the cabbage steaks at 200ºC for about 35 to 45 minutes until the leaves are browned and the center is tender. Serve hot from the oven.