This post is also available on: Deutsch
* Dieser Beitrag kann Affiliate-Links enthalten!
Our vegan and healthy coconut curry ramen is one of my favorite recipes. This recipe can be seriously addictive! These ramen noodles are made with crispy pan-fried mushrooms, veggies, and ramen noodles. All cooked in a deliciously creamy Thai curry coconut sauce, with hints of ginger, garlic and some paprika flakes for seasoning (if you like). The perfect ramen recipe for the whole long cold winter!
Which vegetables are best for ramen? Feel free to use whatever veggies you have on hand or in the pantry to create your own personal preference of this recipe. I could imagine adding broccoli, peas, pumpkin or sweet potatoes to this ramen in addition to the version described below. And because winter is of course kale (I love kale).
Is the food spicy ? This curry ramen can be as spicy or mild as you want! As I wrote it’s not very spicy, you can spice it up with red pepper flakes or some sriracha and taste it hot. To be on the safe side, start with a small amount of spiciness and add more as needed. Also, some curry pastes are much spicier and spicier than others. So if you use a different one than I used, start small and add more until you are happy with the flavor.
storage ? Although curry ramen is always best served fresh, it will actually keep in the fridge for 1 to 2 days. The noodles can get mushy in storage and absorb a lot of the broth, so there’s probably no liquid left at the end. To prevent this, you can keep the pasta and broth separate. When reheating the soup, simply add the ramen to the hot soup and cook as instructed in the recipe.
if you like our vegan and quick coconut curry ramen, you might also be interested in these recipes:
- spicy miso ramen with shiitake mushrooms
- vegan chickpea zucchini curry
- Crunchy Thai quinoa bowl with peanut sauce
- Oriental roasted carrots on a lentil salad
- Indian khichadi
- more soup recipes
healthy coconut curry ramen
Coconut Curry Ramen:
- 2 clove of garlic
- 200 G Shiitake mushrooms* also Enoki
- 150 G sugar snap
- 2 carrots
- 1 fresh ginger* walnut size
- 1 el Sesame oil* roasted
- 1 - 3 el Red curry paste or curry paste massaman
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 L vegetable broth
- 400 ml coconut milk* can
- 200 G Instant Ramen Noodles*
- 1 lime
- kosher salt*
- Pepper* from the mill
Optional side dishes:
- small Bunch of coriander
- Chili, pepperoni...
- Lime cut into wedges
- Wash and peel the carrots and cut into sticks or grate.
- Wash sugar snap peas and cut diagonally into pieces.
- Wipe the shiitake mushrooms with kitchen paper and cut into slices. Cut the roots off the enoki mushrooms and carefully dry clean.
- Peel and finely chop the ginger and garlic.
- Squeeze lime.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced carrots, peas and shiitake to the oil in the saucepan. Sauté everything for about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add curry paste, curry powder, minced garlic and ginger and simmer for about 1 minute while stirring.
- Now pour in the broth and coconut milk and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bring everything to a boil and add the ramen noodles. Cook the pasta according to package directions or until al dente.
- Stir in 1 lime juice and it's ready to serve!
- Garnish the curry ramen with fresh coriander and chilies. Serve with sliced limes.