This post is also available on: Deutsch
* Dieser Beitrag kann Affiliate-Links enthalten!
Crunchy Thai quinoa bowl with peanut sauce. A healthy and filling Thai salad in a bowl, filled with crunchy veggies and drizzled with a flavorful and addictive peanut sauce!
Salad bowls are also a perfect option for on the go or as an office meal. All you have to do is boil the quinoa at the beginning of the week and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. All other ingredients can be easily chopped up fresh every day in no time at all.
Some benefits of quinoa
We try to eat quinoa almost every day or at least every other day. It is one of the plant foods that contains all nine essential amino acids. quinoa is also a good source of: iron, potassium and protein.
Another benefit of quinoa is that it is extremely high in fiber. About 94% of Germans do not get enough dietary fiber in their diet. Dietary fiber is an important and protective ingredient in our foods. Fiber helps regulate bowel movements, keeps us full for longer, lowers cholesterol and regulates blood sugar. It also helps prevent heart disease and colon cancer.
Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, or a meat eater, quinoa is a great food that you should definitely include as a staple of your diet. Quinoa is also relatively cheap for what it can do. A 1 kg bag of organic quinoa costs around 8 to 9 euros and I swear it lasts a long time.
Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe
Thai Peanut Sauce is the perfect balance of sweet and savory! The peanut sauce is very versatile as it can be used as a dipping sauce for spring rolls and salad wraps (summer rolls) and as a salad dressing (like here for the Crunchy Thai Quinoa Bowl with Peanut Sauce). This sauce can also be used as a sauce for rice noodles or over satay. And it’s easy to make: just whisk all the ingredients together and add a little water to get the consistency you want.
if you like our crispy Thai quinoa bowl with peanut sauce, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Hasselback squash, a special side dish
- stuffed pumpkin with vegan vegetable quinoa
- Spicy beetroot curry
- Basil squash over coconut quinoa
- TexMex filled Rondini
Crunchy Thai quinoa bowl with peanut sauce
- Peanuts* salted
- small Bunch of coriander
- small Bunch of Thai basil
- Cook the quinoa and egg-free mie noodles according to package directions, then allow to cool.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and blanch in boiling water and then rinse in cold water.
- Grate or chop the red cabbage very finely.
- Peel and coarsely grate the carrots.
- Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Wash sugar snap peas and cut lengthways into strips.
- Wash the asparagus and cut into thin slices, picking up the tips and halving large asparagus tips lengthways.
- Wash the spring onions and cut into fine rings.
Make peanut dressing.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger.
- Whisk together the peanut butter and soy sauce until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients including the grated ginger and stir until smooth. If the sauce seems too thick, add a little more water to thicken it. taste.
Finishing and dressing:
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl or on a plate.
- Drizzle with plenty of peanut sauce and serve sprinkled with peanuts, fresh coriander and basil.