This post is also available on: Deutsch
* Dieser Beitrag kann Affiliate-Links enthalten!
Crispy Hasselback Potatoes with Pecorino are a wonderful side dish that could be perfect with almost any meal. Hasselback potatoes, also known as Hasselbackpotatis, is an invention of Swedish chef, Leif Elisson from Värmland. He transforms the humble baked potato into a fantastically delicious work of art with a fan-like cut. Each potato is thinly sliced crosswise (without cutting all the way through the potato). Then brushed with oil and/or butter and baked in the oven to roasted, crispy perfection.
Hasselback potatoes are a popular part of Scandinavian cuisine and are now being copied in many different variations around the world. The Hasselback style is also very popular with other vegetables because of its visual appeal. Our Hasselback beetroot or Hasselback pumpkin also have a lot to offer in terms of taste and texture. The thin edges of each finely sliced slice become extremely crispy and crispy when baked. The inner layers remain soft and fluffy. Seasoned with olive butter, Italian cheese, thyme and simple spices like salt and pepper. These Swedish beauties are baked potatoes at their finest!
Are you ready for Crispy Hasselback Potatoes with Pecorino?
Great, then here are the simple steps:
First wash the potatoes and cut them into thin slices of about 3 to 5 mm. Be careful not to cut all the way through. There is a simple trick for this in the recipe below.
Bake the potatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper with olive oil and/or butter, grated Pecorino or Parmesan.
Bake the Hasselback potatoes until the edges of the slices are crispy.
Finish off with some fresh thyme on top.
Isn’t that easy?
if you like our Crispy Hasselback Potatoes with Pecorino, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Hasselback Oven Vegetables with Tahini Dressing
- Hasselback pumpkin as a side dish or main course
- Potato wedges with cheese and jalapenos dip
- Hasselback beetroot with cilantro pesto
- Zucchini potato fritters quick and super crispy
Crispy Hasselback potatoes with Pecorino
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel the potatoes, rinse and cut in a fan shape (approx. 3 - 5 mm thick). This works very well if you place the potatoes between two chopsticks or shashlik skewers and cut down to the stick with a sharp knife.
- Line a small baking tray with some parchment paper and place the sliced potatoes on it.
- Thinly slice the Pecorino or Parmesan and place between the potato compartments.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or in the microwave. Mix the butter with the olive oil and brush the potatoes with it.
- Season with salt and pepper from the mill.
- Bake the Swedish potatoes in the preheated oven for about 60 minutes .
- Rinse the thyme briefly, shake dry and pluck the leaves from the stems.
- Serve potatoes sprinkled with thyme.