This post is also available on: Deutsch
* Dieser Beitrag kann Affiliate-Links enthalten!
Beetroot fennel salad on radicchio with pine nuts & feta
Sweet, earthy beets and cool, crunchy fennel are a match made in heaven, but when you toss them in a tangy, silky-smooth vinaigrette, you have a truly unforgettable salad trio. An apple and mustard vinaigrette touched with maple syrup ties them all together. Stunning purple beetroot mix sits regally with crisp fennel on a bed of fresh purple radicchio lettuce. For added convenience, you can skip the roasting of the beets and buy the vacuum-packed, pre-cooked beets (unseasoned). You can find these beets in your fridge or supermarket 😉. Enjoy this salad as an appetizer or a large portion as a nutritious meal with freshly baked bread.
Beetroot and fennel salad on radicchio
I had a fennel and some colored turnips (beetroot, yellow beetroot, ringbeet) in the fridge and set about using them well. A cursory google search brought me to a few different recipes that could turn into a tasty recipe idea. And so this salad was born.
To be honest, I really like turnips. They are inexpensive, incredibly healthy and perfect for a salad , oven-roasted vegetables or delicious soups . If I’m looking to add beets to my food rotation, this is one of my favorite salads. You can also, like me, experiment with golden or ringed beets and you will find that they are just as colorful and delicious.
The pine nuts give a nice crunch and are a must in this salad. The feta cheese is an optional suggestion, but can also be substituted for the vegan feto version or left out. I couldn’t imagine making this salad without all the ingredients as they each bring their own twist to this salad, but feel free to customize them to suit your taste.
Why is prayer healthy?
The substances contained in beetroot, such as folic acid and iron, play a key role in the formation of red blood cells. Therefore, beetroot has a positive effect on the blood balance. Beetroot contains nitrates and nitrogen compounds that can help fight high blood pressure and diabetes.
So I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I do and I look forward to using some of the other colored beets for cooking in the future. Today we are cooking delicious vegan Ukrainian borscht.
Beetroot and fennel salad on radicchio, pine nuts and feta
for the salad you need:
- 750 G Beetroot, ring beet, yellow beet ...
- 1 radicchio
- 250 G fennel bulb
- 1 Red onion small
- pine nuts*
- 50 G feta cheese (optional)
- pea sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Wash and brush beets. Put the beets (in one piece) in a roasting pan with a little water. Cover and bake in the oven until tender. Depending on the size, this takes about 40 minutes (small beets) and up to 1.5 hours (large beets).
- Let the beet cool down a bit after baking, then peel off the skin. Cut the beets into wafer-thin slices or wedges, whichever you prefer.
- While the beets are baking, wash any remaining vegetables.
- Tear the radicchio into large pieces.
- Slice the fennel and red onion thinly or cut into strips.
- Roast the pine nuts in a pan without fat until golden brown.
- Crumble feta cheese.
- For the dressing, put all the ingredients in an old screw-top jar and shake until all the ingredients have combined.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of the dressing over the beet slices and let them marinate a little.
Arranging and serving:
- Arrange the radicchio on a platter or plates.
- Arrange fennel, colored beets, pine nuts, feta and pea shoots on top. Drizzle generously with the vinaigrette and serve.