This post is also available on: Deutsch
* Dieser Beitrag kann Affiliate-Links enthalten!
Sweet potatoes and avocados are two of the healthiest foods we can eat. Both contain many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are good for our body. In this recipe, we combine both foods together for one healthy and delicious meal, our Baked Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Hummus.
We love sweet potatoes in all variations. In this Baked Sweet Potatoes recipe, they are served with a delicious avocado hummus. The sweet potatoes are rubbed with a little olive oil and then seasoned with salt and pepper. They are then baked in the oven at 200 degrees for about 30 minutes. Avocado Hummus is made simply with avocados, chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. The sweet potatoes are served with the hummus and taste just fantastic!
Oven vegetables in many variations
Do you love oven vegetables? Then you’ve come to the right place! We offer you oven vegetables in many delicious variations. From aubergines to peppers to courgettes – we have the perfect oven-roasted vegetables for every taste. Try our almond broccoli from the oven – it’s a real treat!
Vegetables in the oven are a tasty and healthy alternative to conventional side dishes. The preparation is very simple and most vegetables only need about 20 minutes in the oven.
When you cook vegetables in the oven, you can be sure that they will be healthy and delicious. It’s a good idea to try a few different types of vegetables to see which ones you like best. You can also create your own versions of oven-roasted vegetables by using different spices and herbs.
Healthy grilling of vegetables
Barbecues are a popular summer pastime. If you want to enjoy not only meat but also vegetables on the grill, you should follow a few rules.
Vegetables should be washed and peeled before grilling. Zucchini, peppers, aubergines, onions and tomatoes are particularly recommended. They can be prepared very well on the grill.
If you like it a little spicier, you can also marinate your vegetables with herbs. Basil, parsley, thyme and rosemary are particularly suitable for this. If you like it a little sweeter, you can also marinate your vegetables with honey or syrup.
Vegetables on the grill not only taste delicious, they are also very healthy.
if you like our Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Hummus, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- vegan stuffed sweet potatoes with beetroot and avocado
- Oven Brussels Sprouts on Pea and Bean Hummus
- Stir-fried vegetables on avocado and bean salad
- Caramelized fennel with sweet onions
- baked kohlrabi with sesame and veto
- whole baked cauliflower
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Hummus
- paprika cut into small cubes
- spring onions cut into fine rings
- Herbs like parsley, cress, coriander...
- sesame black/white* optional
- Wash sweet potatoes thoroughly. This works well with a vegetable brush.
Sweet potatoes on the grill:
- If you plan to cook the sweet potatoes on the grill or in a griddle, you'll need to pre-cook them for about 15 minutes. Be careful that they don't get too soft.
- Mix olive oil with chili.
- Cut the potatoes into slices about 1 cm thick and brush with the chilli oil. salt and pepper.
- Grill or fry the sweet potatoes on the grill or in a grill pan on both sides until crispy.
Baked Sweet Potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- You do not have to pre-cook the potatoes for the sweet potatoes from the oven.
- Cut them into 1 cm thick slices and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Brush both sides with the chili oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven until tender and caramelized nicely around the edges.
- For the hummus, drain the chickpeas through a sieve and rinse well.
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Peel and coarsely chop the garlic.
- Puree the chickpeas together with the avocado and garlic.
- Season the hummus with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- If it is too dry when pureeing, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water.
Arranging and serving:
- Arrange the finished sweet potatoes on plates, spread with avocado hummus. Serve sprinkled with diced vegetables and herbs.
Pin this vegan Baked Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Hummus recipe on Pinterest to cook later
I cook most vegetables in the oven or on the grill. It’s easy, healthy and tastes good. Plus it saves you so much time. I recommend washing the veggies first, then chopping them into bite-sized pieces, and then seasoning them with oil, salt, and pepper. If you like, you can also add herbs. Then spread the vegetables on a baking sheet or grill rack and bake or grill at high temperature.