Blueberry tart with a chocolate-walnut base – not only vegan and gluten-free, but also an eye-catcher in a noble purple colour. A sweet, summery vegan blueberry cake with a rich and flavorful base of nuts, oatmeal, dates and cocoa. The blueberry filling can be made with fresh or frozen berries and works well either way. But if you have access to fresh blueberries, or better yet, you could pick a bucket yourself, then that’s a better option for this recipe!
Blueberries are little bursts of energy for our bodies, which is why they are some of our favorite summer fruits. Of course, they’re good all year round, but there’s nothing like fresh produce. This vegan blueberry tart with a chocolate and walnut base proves that.
Whether you’re making this cake for a picnic, a family reunion, or even a birthday party, it’s sure to impress your guests.
This vegan blueberry pie recipe is:
- non dairy
- egg free
- gluten free
- sugar free
a few more tips
The only thing baked on this cake is the base. The top layer does not need to be baked.
I haven’t tested this baking recipe with other sweeteners, so I can’t recommend a substitute for using maple syrup.
You can also add 1 tsp dried cinnamon and/or ½ tsp cardamom to the cake for extra flavor.
If you like our blueberry tart with a chocolate and walnut base, you might also be interested in these drink recipes:
- white chocolate cake
- Italian mimosa cake
- Ricotta cheese cake
- Grandma’s Apricot Almond Cake
- more cake recipes
Blueberry tart with a chocolate walnut base
Chocolate walnut base:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place all the ingredients for the base in your blender and blend until you have a crumbly consistency. Check whether the mass can be easily shaped and sticks together. If it is still too crumbly, add more coconut oil or plant drink.
- Once you are happy with the consistency, spread the mixture over the bottom of the springform pan and press down firmly.
- Bake the base in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. Then let cool.
- The blueberry filling is easy to do by bringing all the ingredients to the boil in a saucepan. Let everything cook for about 5 minutes so that it thickens a bit.
- Crush all the berries with a hand blender or blender and then pass them through a sieve.
- Now put the mixture on the base and let everything cool down for about 30 minutes before you put the cake in the fridge. It then remains there for at least 4 to 5 hours before consumption.