Avocado Chickpea Sandwich is the perfect healthy breakfast, lunch, or dinner alternative. These lightly mashed avocados and chickpeas can be served and eaten as a delicious sandwich or on veggies, rice cake, toast or as a dip with crackers!
I just don’t like mayonnaise, neither in egg, potato or pasta salad. But please don’t get me wrong, I love salads, but with mayo, no thanks! Well, I recently created a creamy salad that I’m particularly fond of that doesn’t involve mayonnaise. Like this chickpea and avocado salad on the sandwich, the salad gets its creaminess from the avocado alone.
Maybe your new favorite green sandwich. I could eat it every day… for breakfast, lunch or dinner 🙂
Not in the mood for bread?
Instead, try serving this Chickpea Avocado Salad on a bed of leafy greens. Or simply pulled out of the bowl with savory crackers or tortilla. Also on vegetables such as red pepper segments. How about in a delicious wrap with crispy lettuce and vegetables, heavenly.
Chickpeas and avocados are a worthwhile combination here. Add a few other fresh ingredients and it’s an avocado chickpea sandwich to die for. It fills you up, fills you up and is inexpensive. I like chickpeas and avocado because they’re easy, healthy, and filling.
Combine & experiment
Cucumber slices, tomatoes, mozzarella, nuts … together with the spread taste a variety of delicious and healthy foods.
However you decide to enjoy this sandwich, I know you’ll love its taste. Also how easy it is to put the ingredients together for a healthy meal.
… I wish good appetite!
If you like our Avocado Chickpea Sandwich, you might also be interested in these recipes:
- vegan TexMex salad with chipolte dressing
- Avocado toast with poached egg
- fruity salad with avocado and mango
- Sweet potato salad with hummus and rocket
- Tabbouleh of spelled and burrata
- more recipes
Avocado Chickpea Sandwich
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Rinse the chickpeas under running water and drain well.
- Add the chickpeas to the avocado and roughly mash with the oil and lemon juice using a fork. Season to taste with chilli flakes, salt and pepper.
- Rinse lettuce, pat dry and cut into fine strips.
- Spread the lettuce on the wholemeal bread, generously spread the avocado and chickpea spread on top and top with fresh cress.
- Put the lid on, wrap up or enjoy immediately.